I was absolutely delighted to be asked to be a Guest Designer at Krafty Chicks this month. What an honour to join in the fun at the hen house.
Week 3 of the monthly challenge schedule is CAS Clean & Simple. I actually really struggle with this sort of card and never really know what is classed as CAS. What is CAS to one person is different to another depending on their style I think.
However I have worked in it being One Main Focal Point, Lots of open space (no pattern) & Minimal layers so I hope this will suffice. I found it very difficult to not use a pattern or texture for the background and so much open space..... just not my normal style at all.
As it is approaching Thanksgiving I was inspired to make a Thankyou card with an Autumn feel. We do not celebrate it in the UK but there is always someone you need a thank you card for and I always have some on hand. As I look outside my craft room window I overlook the back garden and a large cherry tree which is all shades of green, yellow, orange, red and brown. The really strong wind we have had recently seems to make the trees shed their leaves so much more quickly. We live by Sutton park which at 2400 acres is one of the largest urban parks in Europe. There are so many different varieties of trees and the deadfall leaves are so many pretty colours. It really is a beautiful sight at this time of year.
I am on the design team at Kate Hadfield Designs and have access to so many beautiful sets and this card has been made using those.
Fantabulous Fall is a lovely set of images available in both pre-coloured Doodles and black outline stamps you can colour yourself.
I used my favourite leaf in this set, leaf 7. I really like the shape of Maple leaves as they are so detailed.
I use Affinity Designer as my graphics program and created a rectangle shape which was sized to fit my kraft card base. I used the yellow paper from Fantabulous Fall and changed the opacity to 40% which gave it a lighter and more mottled effect.
I then placed the leaf onto it in the bottom left hand corner and added a textbox. The orientation of the leaf is pointing towards the textbox which is a great way to lead your eye to the sentiment. I simply typed this into the text box playing about with style of fonts and sizing until I was happy with it.
Once the elements were in place and I liked the finished result it was a case of printing out with my laser printer, trimming to size with a guillotine and adding to my card stock base.
I do hope you will join me and the team in the Hen House at Krafty Chicks.
Card Details -
Size - A6
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order)
- Beccy’s Place Challenges - Month of Holiday Cards Day 17 - O is for One Layer & Orange (Thanksgiving Card, hope it's okay)
- Cardz 4 Guys - #309 Thank You
- Crafting Happiness - #136 Thanksgiving
- Crafty Gals Corner - #237 Thankful / Thankyou
- Creatalicious Challenges - #247 Anything Goes / Give Thanks
- Di’s Digi Designs - Give Thanks
- Incy Wincy Designs - Give Thanks
- Leigh SB Designs Challenge - #11 Fall Colours plus Leaves as Focal Point
- Outlawz Monday Greetings - Thank You
- Outlawz Twisted Thursday - Anything Goes / Clean & Simple
- Simon Says Stamp Monday - Thanks/Thankgiving
- Sweet Stampin’ - Attitude of Gratitude
- The Four Seasons Challenge - Anything Goes AUTUMN / FALL
- Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes