One of my cards was chosen as a Top 5 Creation at Scrapping4funChallenge and I was invited to be a Guest Designer for the new challenge that starts today.
The prompt is something beginning with the letter W
This was perfect timing for me as my sister in law has just got married and I needed to make a card for the bridge and groom.
It is not the first marriage for either of them so they wanted to get married on the beach at sunset. They got married in the registry office first and then a sunset ceremony. The attendees were only their children so it was a very private ceremony which was just how they wanted it to be.
Knowing the plans I wanted to create a card which had a silhouette of the happy couple with the backdrop of a sunset in a heart.
The photo has been taken from a family holiday we all went on in 2019 to Tenerife. This has been printed on a Lustre finish photo paper which has a lovely sheen to it. Digitally I placed a template of the heart shape over it so we could get the placement of the sun setting directly above the joined hands,
I found this lovely silhouette of a bride and groom at Clipart Library which I printed onto printer paper then adhered it to some black card. I then used my trusty Fiskars embroidery scissors and fussy cut. I wasn't sure if I would be able to retain the detail so was very pleased with my cutting.
The base of the card has been covered with a lovely wrapping paper from Paperchase which I positioned so that the sentiment would be top centre. Paperchase has long been a source of really beautiful papers that are really good quality and gorgeous designs. You get the equivalent of 8 sheets of A4 paper from one sheet for between £1 and £4 depending on the type of paper you choose. I don't get to go very often but rarely come out empty handed when I do.....
Finally I die cut a Congratulations sentiment from silver card to match the holographic text.
Thank you to Rachelle for inviting me to guest on this challenge and I hope you will pop over to Scrapping4funChallenge to take part.
Card Details -
Size - A5
Dies - Congratulations (Crafter’s Companion)
Designer Paper - Wrapping paper (Paperchase)
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order)
- A Perfect Time To Craft - #09-2022 Anything Goes
- Allsorts - #690/691 Anything Goes
- CD Sunday Plus - #92 - Anything Goes with a Digital Item
- Classic Design Challenge - #9 Anything Goes
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper - Anything Goes with Patterned Paper
- Creative Fingers - #237 Anything Goes
- Digi Choosday - #34 Anything Goes
- Di’s Digi Designs - Add A Sentiment
- Gem of A Challenge - #18 Anything Goes
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - #188 Anything Goes
- Love To Craft - #70 Anything Goes
- Love To Scrap - #157 Anything Goes
- Mirtillamente - #13 Anything Goes
- Mix It Up Challenge - #61 Anything Goes
- Penny’s Challenge - #529 Anything Goes
- Polkadoodles - #34 Anything Goes
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - Anything Goes
- Star Stampz Challenge Blog #37 - Clean & Simple
- Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
- Try It On Tuesday - Clean & Simple
- Word Art Wednesday - #559-560 Anything Goes