It is time for another challenge over at The Paper Funday.
Our challenges are always Anything Goes with an optional twist.
The twist this time is the theme 'Give Thanks / Grateful'
We are very fortunate to have 2 sponsors for each challenge this year which means we get to choose which artist we would like to work with. This really is great as it gives us double the choice. We are very lucky with the amazing sponsors that are lined up this year, many of which are old favourites and some are new to me. This month our CASual Friday Stamps & The Artsy Stamper
I chose to do the Thank You twist for this challenge. I had seen this amazing card by the Desert Diva Hannelie Bester and absolutely loved the colour block border and really wanted to incorporate it into a card. Now she is the queen of CAS cards and such an inspiration. I'm not exactly known for my CAS abilities but it is fabulous to see other cardologist's cards and use that as a starting point.
In the UK it is all things Autumn at the moment. We have had a cold snap that has heralded the start of the Autumn colours. I just love this time of year and the colours are spectacular.
It seemed therefore appropriate to have an Autumn theme to my thank you card. I used one of the leaves from the Pumpkin Spice Stamps set from Kate Hadfield Designs. I really like the shape of maple and sycamore leaves and had so much fun colouring it. I started with laying down the promarker base in mustard, amber and cocoa. I then used Arteza Expert pencils and a red fine line pen to add the veins to the leaves. I then added more layers of shading with the pencils and pens so that it was nicely blended. I found by accident on another project that Promarkers blend the pencils into the markers really well and softens the overall effect. Not sure if this is the same as gamsol and paper stumps but I am really happy with the effect.
I have a large paper collection and lots of leaves but I wanted a more plain outline effect in a light tone so it would not detract from the coloured leaves. I have some quite thin leather textured cardstock and decided to try printing a leafy pattern from the Autumnal Overlays pack. I am really astounded by the effect that has been achieved by simply running it through a laser printer. I changed the opacity to 50% so it laid less colour down and I got a really subtle backing paper for my card.
The colour border is a 3cm wide strip of white card for the base. I added some double sided tape to it and then went through my coloured scrap bags to pull out an assortment of brown, red, orange, yellow & gold offcuts. It was simply a case of laying them in place and trimming them. I decided to add some strips of gold peel off stickers in 2 different widths to add a bit of sparkle. Finally the sentiment is a die cut, cut out tree times and layered to make it thicker.
I hope you will join myself and our fabulous Team over at the Paper Funday Challenge.
Card Details -
Size - A5
Dies - Thank You (Crafter’s Companion)
Colouring Medium - Promarkers Arteza Expert Pencils
Embellishments - Peel off Stickers
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order)
- A Bit More Time to Craft Extra - Anything Goes
- A Perfect Time To Craft - #11-2021 Anything Goes
- Allsorts - #648 Add A Sentiment
- Cardz 4 Guys - #283 Leaves
- CD Sunday Plus - #72 - Anything Goes with a Digital Item
- Ching-Chou Kuik - Thank you
- Classic Design Challenge - #11 Anything Goes
- Colour Crazy Challenge - #42 Anything Goes with Colouring
- Crafting Happiness - #117 Give Thanks
- Crafts Galore Encore - #93 Anything Goes
- Crafty Catz - #570 Anything Goes
- Crafty Creations - #427 Anything Goes
- Crafty Sentiments Designs - Anything Goes
- Creatalicious Challenges - #222 Anything Goes
- Creative Fingers - #218 Anything Goes
- Creative Sketchy Girls - #65 Card for a Man
- Cute As A Button - #74 Anything Goes
- Digi Choosday - #44 Anything Goes
- Double D Challenge - A Walk In the Woods
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday - Anything Goes / Die Cuts or Punches
- Gem of A Challenge - #22 Anything Goes
- If You Gave A Crafter A Cookie - #162 Inspired by Autumn Leaves & the colours
- I Love Promarkers - #447 Anything Goes
- Jan’s Digi Stamps - Anything Goes
- Just Us Girls - #608 Leaves
- LeAnn’s World 101 - #44 Anything Goes
- Little Red Wagon - #626 So Very Thankful
- Love To Craft - #64 Anything Goes
- Make The Cards Challenge - #40 Include the colour Orange
- Mix It Up Challenge - #55 Anything Goes
- Morgan’s Art World - #11 Anything Goes
- Path of Positivity - #96 Anything Goes With Positive or Inspirational Quote / Be Grateful
- Penny’s Challenge - #508 Anything Goes
- Polkadoodles - #44 Anything Goes
- QKR Stampede - #431 Anything Goes
- Sweet Stampers - #61 Autumn or halloween
- The Four Seasons Challenge - Anything Goes FALL
- Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
- We Love 2 Create - #11 Anything Creative or Mixed Media Goes
- Word Art Wednesday - #515-516 Anything Goes