I was so taken with the current sketch at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown I decided to have another go using some poinsettia dies.
I ransacked my scraps and used layers of various red papers and cardstock to cut poinsettia flowers in various sizes from a new to me set of dies by The Paper Boutique. There are 4 sizes of flowers and 2 centres so I basically just played with lots of layers.
I decided to go plain and used a sheet of green A4 card for the base and added a layer of gold glittery car. It is VERY sparkly. I then added a foiled sentiment and some gems to the centre of the 2 largest flowers.
As there is no patterned paper I am not sure if this looks okay as it is such a plain card for me. It is hard for me to leave so much plain 'white space' but it does let the flowers shine which is what they are supposed to do really.
I love making cards, and love the teams and projects I make but it has been really nice to be so inspired by a sketch to make not one but 2 cards using it.
Card Details -
Size - A5
Dies - Poinsettias (The Paper Boutique)
Papers - Assorted scraps of red and red papers & Gold glitter card
Embellishments - Assorted gems
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order)
- 52 Christmas Card Throwdown - August Sketch
- ABC Christmas Challenge - Q is for Quality (Red & Green Colours of sweets)
- Christmas Crafts All Year Round - Something Starting with O or P (poinsiettas)
- Crafter’s Café - #271 Anything Goes
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge - #549 Anything Christmas Goes
- Crafty Sentiments Designs - Anything Goes
- Creatalicious Challenges - #216 Anything Goes
- The Holly & Ivy Christmas Challenge - #99 Anything Christmas Goes
- Pammie’s Inky Pinkies - #2129 Anything Goes
- Uniko Challenge - #66 Flowers