Thursday 12 August 2021

Trio of Poinsettias

 


I was so taken with the current sketch at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown I decided to have another go using some poinsettia dies.


I ransacked my scraps and used layers of various red papers and cardstock to cut poinsettia flowers in various sizes from a new to me set of dies by The Paper Boutique. There are 4 sizes of flowers and 2 centres so I basically just played with lots of layers.

I decided to go plain and used a sheet of green A4 card for the base and added a layer of gold glittery car. It is VERY sparkly. I then added a foiled sentiment and some gems to the centre of the 2 largest flowers.

As there is no patterned paper I am not sure if this looks okay as it is such a plain card for me. It is hard for me to leave so much plain 'white space' but it does let the flowers shine which is what they are supposed to do really.

I love making cards, and love the teams and projects I make but it has been really nice to be so inspired by a sketch to make not one but 2 cards using it.


Card Details -


Size - A5

Dies - Poinsettias (The Paper Boutique)

Papers - Assorted scraps of red and red papers & Gold glitter card

Embellishments - Assorted gems



I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order)






10 comments:

  1. Beautiful Poinsettias and glittery gold background! Thans so much for joining us at 52CCT:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and poinsettias
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The more poinsettia dies I see the more I really think I must get some! They look super and I love that bold gold background! Thanks for playing along with Uniko. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafter's Cafe.
    DT Stacey www.butterflycreations.blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card you made :-)) I like how you take our sketch!
    Thanks for playing with us at 52CCT challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous and very festive Christmas card. Love that gold background! Thank you for playing along with 52CCT. Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these poinsettias. Thanks for joining us at the PIP Challenge this week. kReN@afourthlife

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty and sparkly! Thanks for sharing and joining in on the fun at Uniko. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, so elegant!
    Thank you so much for playing along at Uniko!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty card!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR ROUND challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafting day!! Stay safe and healthy!!*Sorry for being so late commenting but please know that I have checked out your project and appreciate you entering my challenge!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou very much for taking the time to visit my blog and your comment. I really appreciate each and every one :)


If you are in the EU to comply with GDPR regulations please be aware that your comment and details will be visible to anyone who visits my blog. I do not collect your personal information in any way.