Saturday 24 July 2021

Jacob's 18th Birthday

 


I had been asked to make a card for an 18th birthday for a lad who is keen on photography. I instantly suggested I use this digi image Chibi Aiden Photo from Stamper's Delights which was met with approval.

Initially I had a plan of what colours I would use and then I saw this current sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches 


I thought if rotated I could see the squares being a border of a film strip and I completely changed the direction of my card.



The film strip is a digital stamp from Word Art World. Jennifer had stopped making word art which was a shame as I have had a lot of sentiments from her over the years. Recently she announced she was starting back up again though YAY! Check out her new look site for freebies and really great value packs.

The film strip has 3 slides in it so I added another to it and cropped it to a strip of 5 to suit the sketch. The extra one I thought would be perfect for the sentiment which I typed in using my graphics program.

I covered the card blank with a mottled grey paper. It is only a small card and the layers of white and black card are bold so I didn't want to distract from the main image.

Jacob has dark brown hair so I coloured to suit in Promarkers and then added some shading with pencils. The rest of the image has been coloured with mainly grey Promarkers and added some silver gel pen accents. I wanted to keep it monochrome like a black and white photo so I am pleased with the overall look.

As this has used a Stamper's Delights image I am able to enter it into their Facebook Progressive freebie which is a bonus too.

Card Details -


Size - 12 x 17cm

Digital Images - Chibi Aiden Photo (Stamper’s Delights), Filmstrip (Word Art World)

Colouring Medium - Promarkers & shading with Arteza Expert Pencils, silver gel pen






30 comments:

  1. The image sounds perfect and love the film strip
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect card for someone interested in photography,the film strip a perfect finishing touch,thank you for joining in at the Alphabet Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fabulous card Mandy. Thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Mandy can you please put Crafty Calendar Challenge on your list of challenges you have entered please hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many apologies this was missed off Sue, no idea how I did that. Thank you for letting me know. This has been added now

      Delete
  5. Wonderful card, love it. Thanks for joining TTCRD can 613 Avenue Create. Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great guy card. Thanks for joining Passion for Markers. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another great card Mandy, I'm sure Jacob will love it. I like the film strip.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at Let's Craft and Create. We hope to see you again.
    ~ Sherry DT/Admin xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous, I love your idea to turn the sketch and keep things in cool shades it all compliments each other nicely. Great addition to the flow at River of Creativity thank you. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A wonderful creation Mandy. I am sure Jacob will be thrilled.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this! What a great use of a film strip. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome card! I'm sure he's going to love it! Turning the sketch was perfect for your image and embellishments!
    Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches
    Debbie - TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute card!

    Thank you for joining our challenge at Penny's paper crafty challenge blog. We love to see your awesome projects in our next challenges!
    Diana DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfect card for a photographer. Xx
    Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore
    Encore
    Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aw this is such a perfect card for a keen photographer! Fab image and your colour scheme is fab. Love that film strip you've added too and the way you've adapted the sketch is just brilliant. Thanks so much for sharing at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super card for a budding photographer! Thank you for joining in at PFM
    Natx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is just so gorgeous, nice work here.
    Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge we really appreciate you joining in.

    Annette DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card Amanda and I'm certain the birthday boy loved it. Thanks for joining the challenge at Krafty Chicks! Donna

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just perfect for the Challenge!
    Great project!
    We are so happy that you have shared this with us here at Colour Crazy.
    Stay safe and well.
    Good luck and we hope you will come back again! Jackie DT Member xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. A perfect card for a photographer. I'm sure he'll love it.

    Jo
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. Perfect card Mandy for your photographer - thanks for sharing with us at 613 Avenue Create

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card Mandy.
    Thanks so much for joining us for our Love to Craft Challenge for July 2021.
    We hope to see you again soon,
    Lou DT xo
    JemLou Productions

    ReplyDelete
  23. lovely card melissa. Good luck and thanks for playing along with us at Lets Craft & Create Challenge. Hope to see you again

    Shylaa DT@Lets Craft & Create
    Adhiraacreations

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cute card

    Thank you for playing at Digi Choosday Challenges

    Happy Crafting
    DT Sam
    Craftychickcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. This sounds like it will be absolutely perfect for the young man! Great job personalizing it to his tastes. I love how you added the film strip for the square elements of the sketch; so fun! Thanks for playing with LTSCB.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Another great card, Mandy! Thank you so much for entering again our challenge at Ike’s world with this lovely creation. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Mia
    Designer for Ike’s world
    craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely card! Will suit a photography lover well!!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's and good luck with your entry! :)
    ~ DT Saphron
    Lemon Biscuit

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou very much for taking the time to visit my blog and your comment. I really appreciate each and every one :)


If you are in the EU to comply with GDPR regulations please be aware that your comment and details will be visible to anyone who visits my blog. I do not collect your personal information in any way.