It is time for another challenge over at The Paper Funday.
Our challenges are always Anything Goes with an optional twist.
The twist this time is the theme 'Floral or Flowers'
We are very fortunate to have 2 sponsors for each challenge this year which means we get to choose which artist we would like to work with. This really is great as it gives us double the choice. We are very lucky with the amazing sponsors that are lined up this year, many of which are old favourites and some are new to me. This time we have CAS-Ual Fridays Stamps & The Artsy Stamper and as always we thank them for sponsoring us.
For this challenge I have opted to use the twist of Floral & Flowers
Now I used to hate and I do mean hate poinsettias. I just did not understand why they were so popular and would never have had one but over the last few years I have been changing, getting more into gardening and plants and really like how colourful and vibrant they are. I have been using them more and more in Christmas cards and I even bought a real one last year. I was impressed it made it through Christmas without me killing it but didn’t last much longer than that!
This card started out with the Elegant Holly Cut & Emboss embossing folder as the starting point. It cuts the aperture in the middle and embossed the cardstock at the same time. I used cream card and added some green inks to the background and holly leaves with some cosmetic blending brushes which were a bargain from Amazon. I used a darker green on the holly and added a marker to the centre spine. I then used a Pebeo gilding wax and added it to the raised areas being careful not to be too heavy handed. I used a paper tissue to wipe off excess and burnish it. It is really shiny and looks so rich and opulent. The gilding made the background subdued so I used a green metallic pencil to lightly add colour to the debossed background. I used an almost dry mini ink pad to go round the edges and distress it.
The poinsettia has been printed 3 times and fussy cut so I could decoupage the layers. I used markers and pencils to colour and add shading to the petals.These layers were separated with foam squares and I added some gold Stickles glue to the centre.
I have used gold mirror card to mat the embossed panel and the green patterned paper. I used an offcut of red marble paper in the background of the aperture. The darker tone brings out the colours in the flower layers.
I die cut some leaves from the Festive Foliage die from Crafter’s Companion. It has 4 different types of flora suitable for using with Christmas cards so I think it will be quite a useful set. I played about with the placement of these in combination with the decoupage and the Prima fabric flowers in the top corner until I was happy with how they looked. The thin gold ribbon was added to criss cross the card and then all the leaves and flowers added over this.
The sentiment has been rescued/recycled from an old Christmas card. The sheer glitteryness of it means there is no way I was throwing that away. I matted this onto a scrap of the mirror card and trimmed round it.
Finally I added some red Stickles glitter glue to the berries because you can never have enough glitter at Christmas.
I hope you will join myself and our fabulous team over at The Paper Funday
Card Details -
Size - 8” Square Tent style
Paper - At Christmas Time (Docrafts/Papermania)
Colouring Medium - Promarkers, Arteza Pencils, Spectrum Noir Metallic pencils, Pebeo Gilding Wax Elegant Gold
Embellishments - Stickles Glitter glue, Prima Fabric flowers, Brad, Ribbon
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order)
- 613 Avenue Create - #5 Anything Goes
- A Bit More Time to Craft - #139 Anything Goes
- A Bit More Time to Craft Extra - Anything Goes
- A Perfect Time To Craft - #5-2021 Anything Goes
- Always Fun Challenges - #212 Combine Old & New Products (old is paper and Prima Flower, Everythng else is new)
- Angie’s Digital Stamps - #52 Anything Goes
- Catch The Bug - Anything Goes
- CD Sunday Plus - #59 - Anything Goes with a Digital
- Christmas 24 - #33 Add Some Glitter
- Classic Design Challenge - #5 Anything Goes
- Colour Crazy Challenge - #16 Anything Goes with Colouring
- C.R.A.F.T. Challenge - #596 Christmas
- Crafter’s Castle - #41 Anything Goes
- Crafts Galore Encore - #87 Anything Goes
- Crafting Happiness - #95 Anything Goes
- Crafty Catz - #549 Anything Goes
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge - #540 Anything Christmas Goes
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper - Anything Goes with Patterned Paper
- Crafty Sentiments Designs - Anything Goes
- Creatalicious Challenges - #210 Anything Goes
- Createful Heart Design - #31 Anything Goes
- Creative Fingers - #207 Anything Goes
- Dare 2B Artzy - Flowers
- Die Cut Divas - Tic Tac Toe (Red, Glitter, Flowers)
- Digi Choosday - #18 Anything Goes
- Digi Doodle Studios - #38 Bring on The Glitz
- Fezziwigs Festive Frolics - Festive Florals
- Gem of A Challenge - #9 Anything Goes
- I Love Promarkers - #434 Anything Goes
- Incy Wincy Designs - Flowers
- Krafty Chicks - #557 Anything Goes
- LeAnn’s World 101 - #38 Anything Goes
- Lemon Shortbread - #145 Anything Goes
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - #157 Anything Goes
- Love To Craft - #58 Anything Goes
- Love To Scrap - #145 Anything Goes
- Make The Cards Challenge - #15 321 Recipe (flowers, ribbon, glitter glue - leaves & berries dies - Poinsettia image)
- Merry Little Christmas - #34 Anything Christmas Goes
- Mix It Up Challenge - #49 Anything Goes / 3 or More Layers
- Morgan’s Art World - #5 Anything Goes
- My Time To Craft - #456 Big Sentiment as Focus
- Paper Shelter - #468 Colour It
- Passion For Markers - #590 Say It with Flowers
- Penny’s Challenge - #495 Anything Goes
- Polkadoodles - #18 Anything Goes
- QKR Stampede - #419 Anything Goes
- Sisterhood of Crafters - Something You Would find in a garden (holly, pine, poinsettia)
- Sweet Stampers - #55 Lots of Layers
- The Creative Crafters - #39 Anything Goes
- The Holly & Ivy Christmas Challenge - #96 Anything Christmas Goes
- Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
- We Love 2 Create - #5 Anything Creative or Mixed Media Goes
- World Wide Open Design Team Challenge - #4 Anything Goes
- Word Art Wednesday - #489-490 Anything Goes
- Your Scrapbook Place - Anything Goes