This wedding card is a commission for a very good friend and neighbour. This is for me the very best reason to make a card as it incorporates so many of the things the recipients like the most and of course the very best reason to make a card (for a romantic like me) a wedding.
The brief was Shabby Chic, wedding colours are navy, pale blue and pale pink. They like David Bowie, Star Wars and have a Bassett Hound.
Now if I am honest I thought I would not be able to include all that but got my thinking cap on and suggested a jukebox with records including their names, song titles and even included a nod to their dog and Star Wars with the Cantina Band.
The jukebox is a clipart image from HiClipart. I coloured with Promarkers and added some pencil lines to the records and some silver gel marker.
The base of navy blue card has been covered with a pale blue paper from my stash which had a distressed painted effect on it. I tore the edges and roughed them up shabby chic style. I had the perfect ribbon & lace piece in my collection which accents the style.
The wedding sentiment is a freebie from Desert Diva. Hannelie has hundreds of sentiments on her blog and is so generous with them. I have matted this on the Intricate Trellis die from Crafter's Companion and accented with some gems and paper flowers.
The base for the records is a digital stamp from Rhoda Design Studio. This is freebie that is still available to download. I used the main one with hearts to add the bride and groom's names. In my graphics program I created my own version with the same dimensions so it had a clear centre giving more space for text. You can see in the image below a closeup of the text on each one. This will make it so personal to Sarah & Stuart. All the music elements are popped up on foam pads.
The bottom sentiment is one I created myself. I have included here in JPG and PNG formats for you to download if you wish to. If you do use them I would be grateful if you could give credit to me and link back to my blog as I would love to see how you have used it.
I added some smaller paper flowers to frame the sentiment.
The final touch was to punch some musical notes with an EK Sucess punch. The inside has a printed verse and I used punch to add 2 entwined hearts.
When I gave it to my friend she was absolutely delighted with it. It is the wedding on the 29th May and I really do hope Sarah & Stuart 'Make Sweet Music Always & Forever'
Card Details -
Size - A5
Punch - Musical Note (EK Success)
Colouring Medium - Promarkers
Embellishments - Ribbon/lace, self adhesive gems, paper flowers
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order)
- 613 Avenue Create - #5 Anything Goes
- A Bit More Time to Craft Extra - Anything Goes
- A Place to Start - #5 Anything Goes
- Classic Design Challenge - #5 Anything Goes
- Colour Crazy Challenge - #20 Anything Goes with Colouring
- Crafting Happiness - #97 Anything Goes / Colour It
- Crafty Sentiments Designs - Anything Goes
- Creative Craft Cottage - #140 Use Ribbon or a Bow
- Daisy Chain Challenges - #52 Add A Ribbon
- Dies R Us - #169 Anything Goes with a Store Brand Die (Gemini/Crafter's Companion)
- Digi Choosday - #21 Anything Goes
- Gem of A Challenge - #11 Anything Goes
- Happy Little Stampers Die Challenge - Anything Goes with a die/diecut
- I Love Promarkers - #436 Anything Goes
- Inspiration Station - #6 Whole theme for card Inspired by music
- Krafty Chicks - #561 All Occasions
- Paper Shelter - #471 Embellishments
- Paperminutes - #693 Wedding
- Passion For Markers - #593 Ribbon or Lace
- Path of Positivity - #91 Anything Goes With Positive or Inspirational Quote
- Penny’s Challenge - #497 Anything Goes
- Polkadoodles - #21 Anything Goes
- Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
- Word Art Wednesday - #493-494 Anything Goes
- World Wide Open Design Team Challenge - #5 Anything Goes