If you completed a card using the Digi of the Month you automatically get the following month emailed to you. If not you can purchase that stamp for a reduced price.
The set we have been given to pay with this month is Go Fly A Kite. You get images in outline and colour as well as loads of sentiments which can be used with the stamps or many other projects.
I liked the little doggie and mouse and thought it would be quite cool to have the mouse flying on the kite as it is a small animal it could happen (well maybe in my world !)
I played about in my graphics program to trim the the mouse from the digi, flip it and position it hanging from the kite. In retrospect I probably should have made him a little bit smaller so he looked tinier compared to the dog but hey ho.... I am pretty happy with how it turned out.
I sized it to fit onto a DL slimline card. I have used the colours of red white and blue so it is a more masculine card. The image has been coloured with Promarkers and I used some blue chalk to make clouds in the sky.
The card front has been covered with paper from a paper pad that is probably around 18 years old from HOTP. I remember buying one of every colour I could find at the time. All my paper pads are split up by colour and type of pattern but I can almost always tell what pad it came from even after all these years. I found by splitting them up I use them a lot more. I generally know what type of pattern I want so like in this case all my blue striped papers are together so I can pull out that section and rifle through to select the one for my project. They have been sorted this way for over 3 years and it is honestly the best thing I did with them. I use Evernote to organise my supplies and scanned in the contact sheet (where there was one) and have a record of each paper pad that I split up.
The sentiment is one that I have had printed for a long long time. It was an old freebie (2011) from a blog Beyond The Fringe Crafts. Carmen still has a blog and there are lots of freebies but I cannot find this one on there. A lot of the digi artists from that time are no longer about so it is nice to see some have still survived.
Where I live today is extremely windy and heavy rain. I have had to rescue my flower pots as they were blowing over and they are expecting more rain and even heavier winds during the evening. I just hope we don't see any REAL mice or dogs flying past on this blustery day.
Card Details -
Size - DL
Digital Sentiment - Previous Freebie (Beyond The Fringe Crafts)
Paper - Purple & Blue Paper Pack (HOTP)
Colouring Medium - Promarkers & Chalks
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order)
- 2 Crafty Critter Crazies - #50 Anything Goes With a Critter
- 613 Avenue Create - #5 Anything Goes
- AAA Birthday - #25 Any Birthday card
- A Bit More Time to Craft Extra - Anything Goes
- A Perfect Time To Craft - #5-2021 Anything Goes
- A Place to Start - #5 Anything Goes
- Allsorts - #624 Anything Goes
- Angie’s Digital Stamps - #52 Anything Goes / Red, White & Blue
- As You Like It - Favourite colouring medium & Why (hands down Promarkers. they have loads of coloures, blend really well and stay juicy for years)
- Cardz 4 Guys - #271 Create Your Own Background
- Classic Design Challenge - #5 Anything Goes
- Colour Crazy Challenge - #18 Anything Goes with Colouring
- Crafting Happiness - #Anything Goes
- Crafty Animals - #50 Anything Goes with an Animal or Insect
- Crafty Calendar Challenge - Masculine
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper - Anything Goes with Patterned Paper
- Crafty Sentiments Designs - Anything Goes
- Creative Fingers - #208 Anything Goes
- Cute Card Thursday - #687 Red, White & Blue
- Di’s Digi Designs - Birthday Wishes
- Digi Choosday - #20 Anything Goes
- Ike’s World Challenge - #144 Anything Goes
- Imagine That Digi of The Month - Go Fly A Kite
- Jan’s Digi Stamps - Anything Goes
- Lemon Shortbread - #146 Anything Goes
- Let’s Craft & Create - #171 Anything Goes
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - #158 Anything Goes
- Love To Scrap - #145 Anything Goes
- Paper Shelter - #For a Man or Boy
- Passion For Markers - #592 Spots and/or stripes
- Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge - #182 Anything Goes
- Polkadoodles - #20 Anything Goes
- QKR Stampede - #420 Anything Goes
- Simon Says Stamp Monday - Four Legged Friends
- Sweet Stampers - #56 Animals / Critters / Birds
- Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
- Word Art Wednesday - #491-492 Anything Goes