At Kate Hadfield Designs there are so many fabulous sets it is really easy to get inspired to use them. There are digital stamps which you can colour, coloured versions you can scrapbook or make into digital layouts. Papers, patterned overlays and doodles galore. No matter what your skill level there are so many goodies to play with.
I love the shoe in this set of Hip Hip Hipster Stamps. When I was a teenager my parents had very little money and I often had hand me down clothes and shoes. MY very first pair of sneakers were in this style and they were bought for ME. Not hand me downs but my very own shoes for ME and they were branded Le Coq Sportif. I thought I looked the bees knees in them and this stamp totally reminded me of these shoes. I loved those shoes and they lasted me years.
I don't often make male cards as we have so many women in the family. If I am making a card 'just because' I tend to make more feminine cards but I am really making an effort to do more male cards. I thought this image would be perfect for this.
I made the stamp quite a large size and coloured it with Promarkers. I stuck it to some thick card to make it sturdy. Added a die cut star shape and dusted off my Cropodile and eyelets. I couldn't set the star shaped ones with this but I still have my old Fiskars spring loaded setting tools and they worked fine. Shaped ones I always seem to have issues with so I am really glad I never got rid of them when I bought the 'must have' Cropodile Big Bite (they are both very, very old tools. I bet many people don't use them anymore!)
Once the eyelets were set I threaded some silver metallic ribbon through to make super cool laces. This whole shape is popped up on foam squares to accommodate the bulk that the laces and eyelets take up at the back.
I had stuck to a very simple colour scheme of red, white and blue for the show so used these for matting and layering. The star paper I think is from a big pack of very old papers from Docrafts/Papermania and I always find stars useful for male cards.
The sentiment is a digital Freebie from Desert Diva Hannelie has a huge selection of sentiments on her blog and is so generous with them. I have often used them over the years. She has a fantastic CAS style of card making that I really admire. If you are not already aware of her you really need to go check her blog out. She has been on many great companies design teams over the years and is a great ambassador for anyone she creates for. Hop on over there, give her some love and check out her free sentiments.
The sentiment has been matted onto layers of card and all have been cut using the petite Label 1 dies from the Spellbinders D Lites range. They have been so useful over the years for smaller sentiments.
I am really pleased with how this turned out. I just love seeing an image, it sparking an idea and then when it comes out even better than you hoped it makes me so happy. I have found that the freedom to make what I want without constraint and with so many resources to be able to play with has sparked my creativity so much.
Over at Kate Hadfield Designs there is lots going on. Kate is really generous with her freebies which are readily available. If you sign up to the newsletter you get access to an extra subscriber area the Doodle Den where there are loads more freebies. There is a gallery full of projects by the Creative Team and customers and so much inspiration for crafters and teachers. I would highly recommend you pop over there and join in the fun.
Card Details -
Size - A5
Dies - Stitched Star (Ebay) & Petite Labels 1 (Spellbinders D Lites)
Colouring Medium - Promarkers
Embellishments - Eyelets, ribbon
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order)
- A Bit More Time to Craft - #138 Anything Goes
- A Bit More Time to Craft Extra - Anything Goes
- A Perfect Time To Craft - #226 Anything Goes
- Allsorts - #62 Anything Goes / Add Ribbon
- Angie’s Digital Stamps - #51 Anything Goes
- Always Fun Challenges - #210 Anything Goes
- Aud Sentiments - #273 Use a Birthday Sentiment
- Cardz TV - #139 Anything Goes
- Catch The Bug - Anything Goes
- CD Sunday Plus - #58 - Anything Goes with a Digital
- Classic Design Challenge - #4 Anything Goes
- Colour Crazy Challenge - #16 Anything Goes with Colouring
- Colouring in Scrapland - Anything Goes / Tell Me A Story
- Corrosive Challenge - #4 Anything Goes
- Crafting Happiness - #93 Anything Goes
- Crafty Catz - #548 Anything Goes
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper - Anything Goes with Patterned Paper
- Crafty Sentiments Designs - Anything Goes
- Creative Fingers - #206 Anything Goes
- Cut It Up - #224 Masculine Card
- Dare 2B Artzy - Bright Colours
- Dies R Us - #167 Anything Goes with a Store Brand Die (Spellbinders)
- Digi Choosday - #16 Anything Goes
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday - Something beginning with B (Blue, boot)
- Gem of A Challenge - #8 Anything Goes
- Get Creative Challenges - #100 Anything Goes
- Happy Little Stampers Die Challenge - Anything Goes with a die/diecut
- Ike’s World Challenge - #143 Anything Goes
- I Love Promarkers - #433 Anything Goes
- Jan’s Digi Stamps - Anything Goes
- LeAnn’s World 101 - #37 Anything Goes
- Lemon Shortbread - #144 Anything Goes
- Let’s Craft & Create - #170 Anything Goes
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - #156 Anything Goes
- Love To Craft - #57 Anything Goes
- Mix It Up Challenge - #47 Anything Goes
- Morgan’s Art World - #4 Anything Goes
- Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge - #181 Birthdays
- Paper Shelter - #466 Dies and/or Punches
- Penny’s Challenge - #494 Anything Goes
- Polkadoodles - #16 Anything Goes
- QKR Stampede - #418 Anything Goes
- Simon Says Stamp Monday - Bright Cheerful Colours
- Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
- Through The Purple Haze - #179 Anything Goes / Ribbon or Lace
- Word Art Wednesday - #487-488 Anything Goes
- Your Scrapbook Place - Anything Goes