You know how every now and again you have an idea and when you have made it it comes out better than you could have ever dreamed? Well this is one of those projects. I actually cannot believe I made this!
At Kate Hadfield Designs the Creative Team are given free reign on what we can create. Sometimes we have a prompt. This month Kate wants to highlight the overlays.
I have played with making digital cards before so I know the basics of how to layer but this has taken it to a whole new scale.
A little neighbour over the road was 2 on the 15th. She is moving into her 'big girl bedroom' and her parents have been decorating her room. I know she is having greys and pinks and wanted to make a picture for her room.
I use a digital program called Affinity Designer. I started with the background which is the blue and green paper from the Painted Pretties set.
I then added the cloudy sky overlay from the Springtime Overlays set. I wasn't sure if you could use just some of it but it is really easy to move it around on your page to cover only the section you want. I would imagine you can cut sections from it as well if you only wanted specific parts of the overlay. I will experiment with that in future projects. There are some lovely overlays in the store.
The main image I wanted to use was the castle from Happily Ever After. I made this quite a large size and then added the Fairy Godmother. The little Frog Prince looked cute and I really wanted to include the rainbow. Leah has been such a happy little soul over this year of strangeness and it has been lovely to see her blossom. She has been the colourful rainbow in even the dullest days.
Using Springity Spring I have I of course added the smiley sunshine. The cloud is the same shape as the over lay so it is easy to resize and 'colour' in some of the clouds in the sky. By only colouring some in this has added layers and dimension to the picture.
I have also added some of the grass tufts, daisies and some of the little creatures ladybird, snail, bee and a cheeky little worm peeking out of the doorway.
The whole design was then printed out onto photo paper and the colours are really vibrant. I then framed it using a silver frame from my collection.
I hope it gives as much joy to Leah as it did to me to make it for her.
I really loved making this. Kate's designs are so much fun to work with and there are so many fabulous items in the store. I love making cards and colouring so the stamps are my faves. There are coloured images, papers, doodles and you are only limited by your creativity.
There are oodles of freebies in the store too. Simply sign up to the Newsletter in the Doodle Den and your will be given access to so many resources. There is a gallery full of projects by the Creative Team and customers and so much inspiration for crafter and teachers. I would highly recommend you pop over there and join in the fun.
Project Details -
Size - 8” x 10”
Embellishments - Silver Frame
I would like to enter this into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order)
- 2 Crafty Critter Crazies - #48 Anything Goes with a Critter
- 613 Avenue Create - #3 Anything Goes
- A Bit More Time to Craft - #136 Anything Goes
- A Bit More Time to Craft Extra - Anything Goes
- A Perfect Time To Craft - #3 Anything Goes
- A Place to Start - #3 Pick a Shape (Rectangular frame started the whole picture off)
- Angie’s Digital Stamps - #Anything Goes / Use Green
- Cardz TV - #136 Anything Goes
- Catch The Bug - Things With Wings (Fairy, bee, ladybird)
- Classic Design Challenge - #3 Anything Goes
- Corrosive Challenge - #3 Anything Goes
- C.R.A.F.T. Challenge - #590 Feminine
- Crafting Happiness - #88 Anything Goes
- Crafty Creations - #419 Anything Goes
- Crafty Sentiments Designs - Anything Goes
- Creations in Pink - #32 Anything Goes in Mainly Pink
- Creative Fingers - #203 Anything Goes
- Dare 2B Artzy - Anything Goes
- Digi Choosday - #10 Anything Goes
- Double D Challenge - Skies
- Fab ’n’ Funky - #515 No Square cards
- Gem of A Challenge - #6 Anything Goes
- Ike’s World Challenge - #142 Anything Goes
- More Mixed Media Challenge - Anything Goes / Green
- My Time To Craft - #452 Make It Feminine
- Polkadoodles - #10 Anything Goes
- The Fairy & The Unicorn - Anything Fantasy Goes (Fairy, Frog Prince)
- Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
- Through The Purple Haze - #178 Anything Goes
- Time Out Challenges - #183 Do Something Different
- Word Art Wednesday - #483-484 Anything Goes
- World Wide Open Design Team Challenge - #2 Anything Goes