This card has been made using the single flower image from the Heart Flower set by Pinksy Doodles. It is a lovely set with the main plant and the single flower. As soon as I saw this I just knew what I was going to do with it.
I printed the image 3 time to create layers. The back layer is the full stamp, layer 2 follows the spiky flower petals and layer 3 is the heart flower petals and the centre.
All layers are coloured using a combination of Promarkers and Spectrum Noir markers. The final layer has lots of shading with Arteza pencils. All layers were fussy cut and raised up on foam pads.
I filled the centre with glossy accents to act as a glue base. I then used a combination of small flower beads and then filled in the rest with tiny accent beads. I added some tiny purple gems to the flower beads to add a bit of sparkle. You can see the centre in more detail in the image below.
I used a spotty patterned paper cut into 4 squares laid onto the lilac card base. These squares have been edged with a Pentel silver paint marker.
The sentiment is from Brenda's Sunny Sentiments pack from the Pinksy Doodles Etsy store. You get loads of lovely sentiments perfect to cheer someone up
I printed the sentiment, edged with the silver marker and added some tiny purple star gems in the corners.
This card is for a neighbour and friend who cheered me up with a bunch of flowers when I needed it. She is a teacher, working from home with 2 kiddies and I imagine she is a little overwhelmed at the moment. I wanted to thank her for her lovely gesture when I needed a boost and will be returning that with this thank you card and some pretty flowers. The sentiment on the front is particularly apt and I decorated the card centre with a typed sentiment, edged with the silver pen. This is a pre-bought card blank that I don't usually use as I think they are too thin so I added a white one on the inside as the 'insert' and then added some more of the patterned paper to the inside.
I do hope you like this card. I really enjoyed making it as the bold flower outline really lent itself to layering in this way. It took quite a while to do but crafting brings me so much joy and I know the recipient will appreciate the work that has gone into it.
Card Details -
Size - 5" x 7"
Colouring Medium - Promarkers, Spectrum Noir Markers, Arteza Pencils, Pentel Silver Paint Marker
Embellishments - Flower beads, Accent Beads, self adhesive gems
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order)
- 613 Avenue Create - #1 Anything Goes
- A Bit More Time to Craft Extra - Anything Goes
- A Perfect Time To Craft - #1 Anything Goes
- A Place to Start - #1 Anything Goes
- Allsorts - #606 Favourite Colour (Purple)
- Angie’s Digital Stamps - #48 Anything Goes
- As You Like It - Favourite colour combo (Pink & Purple for girly cards as so many shades you can choose from, make pastel or bright and for any age group)
- Aud Sentiments - #266 Anything Goes with a Sentiment
- CCC Digi Creations - #121 Include a sentiment
- CD Sunday Plus - #51 Anything Goes with a Digital Item
- Classic Design Challenge - #1 Anything Goes
- Colour Crazy Challenge - #1 Anything Goes
- Colouring in Scrapland - Anything Goes
- Corrosive Challenge - #1 Anything Goes
- Country View Challenges - Squares
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper - Anything Goes with Patterned Paper
- Crafty Sentiments Designs - Anything Goes
- Creative Craft Cottage - #136 Use a Digi Stamp
- Creative Fingers - #199 Anything Goes
- Creative Moments - #206 Always Anything Goes
- Digi Choosday - #2 Anything Goes
- Dragonfly Dreams - Pearls or Gems
- Ellibelle’s Crafty Wednesday - Something old (beads are at least 10 years old)
- Everybody Art - #481 Anything Goes
- Get Creative Challenges - #97 Anything Goes
- House That Stamps Built - #J621 Anything Goes
- Ike’s World Challenge - #140 Anything Goes & Thankyou made for a friend
- Jan’s Digi Stamps - Anything Goes
- LeAnn’s World 101 - #34 Anything Goes
- Lemon Shortbread - #137 Anything Goes
- Let’s Craft & Create - #167 Anything Goes
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - #149 Anything Goes
- Love To Craft - #54 Anything Goes
- Love To Scrap - #141 Anything Goes
- Mix It Up Challenge - #45 Anything Goes
- My Time To Craft - #448 Thank You
- Paper Shelter - #452 Digital Image
- Passion For Markers - #574 Favourite Colour Combo (Pink & Purple)
- Path of Positivity - #87 Look for the Positive
- Pearly Sparkles - #58 Something beginning with P (pink & Purple)
- Penny’s Challenge - #487 Anything Goes
- Polkadoodles - #2 Anything Goes
- Scrapping4fun Challenges - #83 Anything Goes
- Sheepski Designs - #46 Anything You Want
- Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - Layer it Up
- Simply Create Too - #166 Favourite colour combo (Pink & Purple)
- Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
- Time Out Challenges - #179 Challenge to be You (using digital images to make intricate fussy cut layered cards, fave colours of pink & purple)
- Try It On Tuesday - Uplifting or positive quote
- Word Art Wednesday - #473-474 Anything Goes