Happy New Year! I know 2020 was not the year we would have wished for.
My deepest condolences to all who have lost loved ones and suffered illness from the virus.
I hope you have gained some positives from 2020 and we can be hopeful that better days are ahead of us. We may just have to be patient for a while longer.....
I am very proud to announce that I am now on the Design Team at The Freebie/Progressive Challenge at The Outlawz. This is something I have taken part in for a long time and to have been asked to join the DT is a great compliment.
As it is a New Year anyone can can request the free image for this month. As long as you make a card with it by the end of January you will automatically get the February image free. It is a fabulous way to use images from artists you many not have used before. Also sometimes the image is completely different to something you would normally use. It has been a good way for me to stretch my creativity and take me out of my comfort zone.
I would highly recommend anyone who is not already taking part to jump in and have a go. We are a really friendly bunch at The Outlawz.
This month we are sponsored by Jan's Digi Stamps.
We have been given an outline stamp and sentiment which are from the Fall PEAR-fection stamp set. Jan's sets are always such good value as you get the images in both outline and colour and lots of sentiments which can be used for many occasions. They always print out so crisp and clean and are a pleasure to work with.
I started out colouring the image in Promarkers and added shading with coloured pencils. I am new to pencils and find they add a different level of shading which compliments my pens very well. I used an ultra fine green sharpie for the veins in the leaves. A blender pen was used to create the mottled effect on the vase to make it look weathered like real terracotta is.
The image has been cut with a Nestabilities die. I used some chalk in green and orange to distress the edges. My hubby got me some of those cosmetic brushes from Amazon and they have made a huge difference to my blending. I am far less heavy handed now.
I had used the largest die for the image so drew around it to create a brown mat to go underneath. This has been popped up on foam squares to create dimension.
The base of the card is a an A4 sheet of dark green card folded in half. The top paper is a bronze swirly card from Kanban. The bottom is a flocked paper with leaves on it, it feels lovely and very dimensional. I added some brown flocked ribbon to cover the join and some green flower shaped gems. Finally the sentiment has been cut into a banner shape.
I hope we will see you enter our challenge at The Outlawz and look forward to seeing the entries using this this image.
Card Details -
Size – A5
Dies – Labels 17 Nestabilities (Spellbinders)
Colouring Medium – Promarkers, Arteza pencils, Sharpie Ultrafine
Embellishments – ribbon, flower gems
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order)
- A Bit More Time to Craft - #131 Anything Goes
- A Bit More Time to Craft Extra - Anything Goes
- A Perfect Time To Craft - #1 Anything Goes
- Cardz TV - #131 Anything Goes
- Classic Design Challenge - #1 Anything Goes
- Crafts Galore Encore - #83 Anything Goes
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper - Anything Goes with Patterned Paper
- Crafty Sentiments Designs - Anything Goes
- Creatalicious Challenges - #202 Anything Goes
- Createful Heart Design - #27 Anything Goes
- Creative Moments - #205 Always Anything Goes
- Creative Sketchy Girls - #55 Anything Goes
- Cute Card Thursday - #667 Anything Goes
- Dies R Us - #160 Anything Goes with a store brand die (Spellbinders)
- Digi Choosday - #52 Anything Goes
- Digi Doodle Studios - #34 Anything Goes
- House That Stamps Built - #D2320 Anything Goes
- Krafty Chicks - #540 Anything Goes
- Jan’s Digi Stamps - Anything Goes
- Lemon Shortbread - #136 Anything Goes
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - #148 Anything Goes
- Love To Craft - #54 Anything Goes
- Love To Scrap - #141 Anything Goes
- Mix It Up Challenge - #45 Anything Goes
- Morgan’s Art World - #1 Anything Goes
- Not Just Cards - Anything Goes
- Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge - #178 Anything Goes
- Pearly Sparkles - #58 Something Beginning with P (Pears)
- Polkadoodles - #52 Anything Goes
- QKR Stampede - #411 Anything Goes
- Sheepski Designs - #46 Anything You Want
- The Crafting Challenge - Anything Goes
- We Love 2 Create - #1 Anything Goes
- Word Art Wednesday - #470-472 Anything Goes
- World Wide Open Design Team Challenge - #12 Anything Goes
- Your Scrapbook Place - Anything Goes