Monday 23 November 2020

Ornaments

 


For Day 17 at Beccy's Place Month Long Holiday Cards Challenge the prompt is the letter O. 
I have chosen Ornaments.

This card has been made using Ornaments which was a recent free image set from Jan's Digi Stamps. It is still available and comes in both coloured and black & white. 

I have coloured it using Promarkers. I was most inspired by the swirly one as I have red glass baubles with glitter just like it. They were the very first baubles I bought when we had our first Christmas together 30 years ago. Many of my ornaments I have made myself including the cutest cross stitched 3D gingerbread house, sequinned Christmas puddings and the angel that tops the tree (her hair has fallen out now but she has a sparkly halo so it's all good)

Many have been individually bought and have a lot of sentimental value. I have glass droplets from Macy's in New York. They were wrapped well as they survived travelling to Las Vegas (wedding venue) and then Los Angeles (honeymoon). There is a mirrored present/gift from Harrods, a really sparkly jingle bell from Liberty in London, a spun glass tree from York, a tiny snow globe from Bath and the list goes on. I know where each came from and cherish the memories from each one.

When the image was coloured I used a glue pen to trace the fine lines and added gold glitter to the swirly one and silver to the other. I would not normally make a card with both gold and silver on but it's Christmas so anything goes as far as I am concerned.

The base of the card has been covered with green snowflake paper as I felt it would compliment both red and purple. It is from a Traditional Christmas 12x12" pad from The Works. I have used it a fair bit already this Christmas as it has some really nice designs.

The die is Victorian Frame by Crafter's Companion. You get 3 dies in the set so you have the solid background, then the very intricate pattern and a central panel so you can cut out the frame or use it for layering. It's a decent size die. I print many in one go to fit an A4 sheet so I don't waste the paper but that does mean my sizing can be off sometimes. Quite often I make my images fairly large as I mostly make A5 cards then when it comes to matting my dies don't fit..... 

I used some rub on chalks to knock back the background as the white seemed a little too stark and then added some holographic peel off stickers around the edge of the image.

I wrapped the ribbon round some purple card which made it easier to attach. This looks wonky in the photo but I measured everything to make sure it would line up. I think it is the angle that the card was to get the best lighting for the glitter to show that is the problem. 

As a final touch I found a purple sentiment and mounted onto a scrap of glittery gold cardstock.

Thankyou to Jan's Digi Stamps for a lovely image ☺

Card Details -

Size – A5
Dies – Victorian Frame (Crafter’s Companion)
Paper – Traditional Christmas (The Works)
Colouring Medium - Promarkers
Embellishments – Ribbon, Glitter, Peel off stickers


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order)

9 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, love the richness of the colours, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this colour combination Mandy, it's fabulous. Many years ago I read the "Flowers in the Attic" books by Virginia Andrews and one of the children used a green, purple and red colour scheme on a colouring project, for some reason it stuck in my mind and every time I see it I always think of that series. Anyway, I digress...
    Love the bauble image, especially that long wavy ribbon. I agree that anything goes as far as mixing gold and silver on a Christmas card. You can never have too much sparkle!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Mandy! Great color combo! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Jan’s Digi Stamps with this lovely creation. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Mia
    Designer for Jan’s Digi Stamps
    craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card Mandy! I love the mix of gold and silver and I agree with Beccy. You can never have enough sparkle for Christmas! I have that set from Jan's. I need to pull it out and see what I can do with it! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Mandy. I like the gold on the ornaments and that lovely die-cut underneath the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the regal color combination you have chosen for your creation. It is heart warming to know that my "Ornaments" image brought such happy memories to you. Thank you for showcasing ornaments and sharing your special card with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Have a safe and Blessed Holiday Season. Join us each month for a NEW challenge.
    Hugs,
    Jan
    (Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an very luxurious card. It is beautifully crafted as always.
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Jan’s Digital Stamp Challenge, looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Sheryl xx
    Jan’s Digital DT
    Cat Crazy Craft Corner – My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hiya Mandy, me again. This is a lovely card.
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge, looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Sheryl xx CRAFT DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful non-traditional color combo, Mandy! So happy to see you playing in our Anything Goes challenge at Pammie's Inky Pinkies. Good luck.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou very much for taking the time to visit my blog and your comment. I really appreciate each and every one :)


If you are in the EU to comply with GDPR regulations please be aware that your comment and details will be visible to anyone who visits my blog. I do not collect your personal information in any way.