Friday 27 November 2020

Frosted Elegance

 


For Day 25 at Beccy's Place Month Long Holiday Cards Challenge the prompt is the letter V. 
I have chosen Vellum

The main centrepiece of this card is this fancy Frosted Elegance embossing folder from Crafter's Companion. It is a large size at 6" square so on this 8" square size you don't really need an awful lot else.

 When it was my birthday at the end of September I had some pennies to spend from family and treated myself to some of the items in the Glittering Snowflakes collection that CC brought out. This fabulous embossing folder was one, as was the patterned vellum. This is an offcut from a previous project. It was a really expensive pad but the thickness of it really is impressive. By backing it with a layer of the blue card it really shows the colour through it.

I embossed some Core'dinations cardstock which has a whitewash finish to it. I then sanded it back and the blue the comes through. I also sanded the corners lightly to create a vignette effect.

The middle is a plastic embellishment that came from the wedding section at The Range. It is meant to look like diamante but the plastic comes out of the little holes so I filled them in with some silver glitter glue blobs to make it more sparkly. The centre is a blue self adhesive gem.

Finally the sentiment has been recycled from a card and matted onto a scrap of silver cardstock. You know sometimes you look at something you have made and think you had an out of body experience? This is one of those cards that looks so elegant that I'm not sure it was me that made it!



Card Details -

Size - 8" x 8"
Paper - Core'dinations Whitewash cardstock, Glittering Snowflakes Vellum (Crafter's Companion)
Embellishments - Plastic flower centre, self adhesive gem, Silver Stickles glitter glue


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order)

12 comments:

  1. What a beautiful snowflake Mandy...money well spent I would say!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful snowflake and it makes beautiful Christmas. So glad you had time to join our challenge. Thanks so much for joining us at DD challenge.
    Barbara DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I can't say I've ever had an out of body experience while crafting Mandy... maybe I'm doing it wrong?!
    Your card is absolutely beautiful. I love the multiple layers, you've chosen beautiful colours and textures for each. I was surprised to read that the blue coming through the white is Core'dinations card stock... I thought you'd inked the colour on. The snowflake is absolutely beautiful. Well done!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for entering your wonderful creation in our Embossing Challenge at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Mandy. I like all the different shades of blue and that vellum is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just pretty! Love the shades of blue and the big snowflake!

    Thanks for playing along with Scrapping4Fun Challenges and good luck!

    Hugs and please come back soon!
    Doris
    *GDT* Scrapping4Fun Challenges
    Kleido’s BastelStüble
    *Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
    *List Manager* Challenges for Days

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty snowflake. Great color and love the sparkle and bling. Thanks for sharing over at Crafty Catz.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful snowflake, lovely card! Thank you for joining us at CAS on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful Mandy! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Winter Blues’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is indeed a very elegant card. I love how your sanding brought out the colour. Thanks for joining our snow challenge at CAS on Friday. Cheers, Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful. Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, love the snowflake!
    Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
    Rachelle DT
    https://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou very much for taking the time to visit my blog and your comment. I really appreciate each and every one :)


If you are in the EU to comply with GDPR regulations please be aware that your comment and details will be visible to anyone who visits my blog. I do not collect your personal information in any way.