Over at The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up it is the Merry Maidens turn to showcase some fabulous Christmas cards.
The optional Twist for this challenge is to use at least 3 colours from the swatch from Design Seeds
Image courtesy of www.design-seeds.com/seasons/winter/christmas-hues
This paper pack Foil Textures Festive Colours designed by Decosse's Dynamite Doodles
is up for grabs to the lucky winner who follows the twist.
If you want the chance to win this month's featured paper pack, be sure to create a card that features the twist.
The Sponsor for this challenge is Pattie's Creations who is offering 3 images from her Etsy store for the lucky winner.
I don't have access to a colour printer at the moment so cannot print out the digital papers so I have made a hybrid digital card. This way I can honour both the image artist, and use Lisa's digital papers. The added bonus is I then have the image already coloured to make into a physical card at a later date.
I started off by matching the swatch colours to my Promarkers and coloured the image Vintage Christmas Stocking by Pattie's Creations. I added some gold Stickles glitter glue to the intersections of the stocking. This coloured image was scanned in to make a digital copy which could then be made into a card on the computer.
I used Sketch 192 from Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 for the layout of this card.
The base layer is the sea green paper from the Foil Textures pack.
To this I have added the Merry Christmas Words paper from the
12 Months of Christmas 2014 paper pack. This was a great way of adding a sentiment.
From this same paper pack I used the paper with the Row of Ornaments and cropped it to just the baubles. I then added a mat of the Strawberry coloured foil paper.
I have used strips of the Sea Green & Mint foiled papers under the image. The image itself has been matted with more of the Sea Green to keep it consistent.
Finally I have added 2 strips of 'washi tape' using a cropped section from the Red White & Green striped paper from the Holiday Hoopla Patterned Papers pack 2. By reducing the opacity it makes it more see through like real washi tape would be.
I do hope you will take part in our challenge and look forward to seeing your creations.
Digital Supplies Used :
Papers - Foil Textures Festive Colours, 12 Months of Christmas 2014 & Holiday Hoopla Papers Pack 2 by Decosse's Dynamite Doodles.
Coloring Medium Used - Promarkers
Embellishments - Gold Stickles glitter glue
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order)
- 613 Avenue Create - #238 Anything Goes
- A Bit More Time to Craft - #126 Anything Goes
- A Bit More Time to Craft Extra - Anything Goes
- A Perfect Time To Craft - #10 Anything Goes
- All Fun Challenges - #17 Anything Goes
- Arty Divas - #30 Anything Goes
- CD Sunday Plus - #46 Anything Goes
- Classic Design Challenge - #10 Anything Goes
- Corrosive Challenge - #10 Anything Goes
- C.R.A.F.T. Challenge - #573 Anything Goes / Christmas
- Crafting Happiness - #69 Anything Goes
- Crafty Creations - #414 Anything Goes
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge - #511 Christmas Anything Goes plus Include a Stocking
- Crafty Sentiments Designs - Anything Goes
- Crimbo Crackers - #217 Anything Goes Christmas
- Digi Choosday - #41 Anything Goes
- Ike’s World Challenge - #137 Anything Goes
- Jan’s Digi Stamps - Anything Goes
- Sisterhood of Crafters - Lots of Layers
- Stamps & Fun = Creativity - #375 Anything Goes
- Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 - #192/193 Sketch for Layout
- Word Art Wednesday - #460-461 Anything Goes
- World Wide Open Design Team Challenge - #10 Anything Goes