Today we have a bingo board. I have chosen Sparkle - Bugaboo Image - Sentiment
The image is Little Penguin Decorate Tree from Bugaboo Stamps. I am on the DT of The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up and as part of my duties I need to use digital papers designed by our leader. I do not have access to a colour printer at the moment so I have been making cards by colouring the image and then scanning it in to make a digital card. This then means that I have the physical image to be able to make a card in the future. Win Win then....
I coloured the image using a combination of Promarkers, Spectrum Noir and gel pens. I followed a tutorial on Beccy's Place of how to colour the night sky to add stars and snowflakes to the background. Beccy's instructions were so easy to follow and I am so pleased with the finished result. The ground has loads of irridescent glitter and is textured with glue 'snowdrifts'. The image has been matted onto dark blue sparkle card for contrast.
The layout is a sketch from a year long Christmas Challenge that I have been taking part in on a Facebook group. I am playing catch up with this one.
The card front has been covered with a glittery paper with snowflakes on it from DCVW.
The white snowflake panel is a glittery ribbon which I bought a few years ago. There is so much glitter on it I knew it had to be part of my crafty stash.
Following the sketch I added loads of snowflakes in various styles and sizes. Some are die cuts from a Sizzlits Cut & Emboss folder, some are metallic ones that came from a Christmas banner decoration I bought from Poundland and took apart. Some have been rescued & recycled from shop bought cards. Some are funky foam ones I have had in my stash for more years than I like to think about.
I have added a liberal sprinkling of gems to the snowflakes and also the red baubles on the image. It's a Christmas card so that means lots of bling and glitter. If you can't add it to a Christmas card then when can you?
Finally I added a sentiment which has been recycled from a shop bought card and matted onto a scrap of the blue sparkle card.
We have had a really cute flash freebie image today as well so thankyou to the ever generous Jodie as always.
Card Details -
Size - 8" x 8"
Dies - Snowflake 2 Cut n Emboss from Sizzix
Colouring Medium - Promarkers, White Gel pen, Clear sparkle pen from Spectrum Noir
Embellishments - Gems, Glitter Glue, ribbon
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order)
- 2 Crafty Critter Crazies - #40 Anything Goes with a Critter
- ABC Christmas Challenge – O is for Over The Top
- Catch The Bug – Christmas in July Day 4
- Christmas 24 - #14 Ribbon
- Christmas Crafts All Year Round – Cool It
- Colour Crazy Challenge - # 28 Anything Goes
- Country View Challenges – Do What Makes You Happy (making Christmas cards & Colouring)
- Crafting Happiness - #58 Anything Goes
- Crafty Animals - #40 Anything Goes
- Crafty Calendar Challenge – Add A Ribbon
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge - #499 Anything Goes/Use a die cut or punch
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper - Any Patterned Paper
- Crafty Sentiments Designs – Anything Goes
- Createful Heart Design - #22 Anything Goes
- Cutie Pie Challenges – #149 Delightful Digi Stamps
- Die Cut Divas – Christmas in July
- Digi Choosday - #29 Anything Goes
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - #137 Christmas in July Week 3
- My Time To Craft - #436 Christmas in July
- Polkadoodles - #29 Anything Goes
- The Paper Funday Challenge - #19 Anything Goes / The Great Outdoors
- The Paper Girls - #204 Christmas in July
- Winter Wonderland – Create a square card
- Word Art Wednesday - #448-449 Anything Goes