This is another card in my series of Hope Butterflies. I have been making these for friends and neighbours using the same Statement Butterfly and sentiment. They have been well received by the recipients so far. It is bringing me joy making them as each one is different. I am using papers from my scrap drawers for the most part. The butterflies were all cut over the same 2 day period. As I am making the cards I am putting together a sketch and pretty papers and voila.
The base layer of the butterfly is a red dotty cardstock that has been recycled from the inside of a card I have received. The middle layer is a scrap of green paper. The top layer is white hammered card which has been inked with a pearlescent pink ink pad. Black gems were added to the body.
I have used the latest sketch from Outlawz for the layout of this card. The base layer is the same card as the butterfly which I have distressed the edges with a black ink pad.
The frame is a die cut Rococo Frames from Crafter's Companion. This was cut from a green paper which is from a magazine freebie. I used a scrap of pink card for the diamond shape edged with the black ink.
Following the layout of the sketch I added a length of black ribbon to the card and embellished with some diamante gems.
I used a digital sentiment from McMahon Five Designs who retired some years ago from designing stamps. I coloured the hearts with and red glitter gel pen. This was cut using a Baroque Frame die from Crafter's Companion.
Card Details -
Size - A5
Digital Sentiment - McMahon Five Designs (retired)
Colouring Medium - Sakura Glitter Gel Pen & Brilliance Pearlescent Ink Pad
Embellishments - Gemstones & Ribbon
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order)
- A Place to Start – Use Ribbons and/or bows
- Arty Divas - #20 Anything Goes
- CD Sunday Plus - # 34 Anything Goes
- Classic Design Challenge - #4 Anything Goes
- Country View Crafts – Animal Magic
- Crafty Animals - #37 Anything Goes with an Animal
- Crafty Friends - #134 Lace or Ribbon
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper - Any Patterned paper
- Di’s Digi Designs – Die Cuts or Punches
- Gem of A Challenge - #9 Anything Goes
- Happy Little Stampers Die Challenge - ATG with a Die / Diecut
- Krafty Chicks - KCC #504 All Occasions
- Outlawz Sketch Wednesday - Layout of Card
- Path of Positivity - #78 Anything Positive/Style
- Polkadoodles - #17 Anything Goes
- QKR Stampede – #395 Anything Goes
- Word Art Wednesday - #436-437 Anything Goes