Crafter's Companion are having a DT call on Facebook and I have put myself in the mix. I have no idea if I am good enough or if my style is what they are after but if I don't enter I'll never know will I?
As an example of my work I have submitted this card which I made using a Crafter's Companion Cut and Emboss folder. I had seem someone use it on a Facebook group and absolutely loved it. It is so simple and classic. I adore snowflakes and the fact it is right front and centre in this image makes for a simple but effective card.
I cut it out using some heavyweight white card which took the embossing really well. My bigshot cut the lettering very crisply and I have of course kept the letters to make another card in future. I have loads of big snowflakes that will be perfect to go with them.
I used metallic wax that you rub ion with your finger to highlight the embossed snowflakes. I find it is better to be very sparing and use a light touch, building up the colour as you go along. You can add more but if you use too much you can easily ruin the project (don't ask me how I know....)
I had added some 'string' using gold peel off strips that came from Lakeland Limited a million years ago. The main image corners were rounded with a punch and I cut some matte metallic gold paper to go underneath so the letters are highlighted and this is also the border. Again the corners have been trimmed.
This whole section has then been added to a card blank made using an A4 sheet of textured card.
Now we get to the best bit..... twinkle. I added loads of self adhesive gems to the centres of the small snowflakes and different sizes to the large one. The finishing touch is the fabric bows that are in a gold lame type fabric.
I have linked all my social media to the DT entry. I do hope they will have a look at my old blog (linked in the tab at the top) as this has so many years of my cardmaking that went dormant hence having to start this new blog.
Card Details -
Size - A5
Embossing Folder / Die - Joy Gemini Cut & Emboss Folder from Crafter's Companion
Punch - Woodware corner punch
Colouring Medium - Gold Rub on wax
Embellishments - Gems, fabric bows
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order)
- 613 Avenue Create – #231 Anything Goes
- A Bit More Time To Craft - #111 Anything Goes
- A Perfect Time To Craft - #3 Anything Goes
- ABC Christmas Challenge – E for Embossing & G for Gold
- All Fun Challenges - #3 Anything Goes
- Alphabet Challenge – X is for X-tra Embellishments
- Christmas at Sweet Stampin’ - Feature A Sentiment
- Classic Design Challenge - #3 Anything Goes
- Corrosive Challenge - #3 Anything Goes
- Crafts Galore Encore – #73 Anything Goes
- Crafty Catz - #495 Anything Goes
- Crafty Creations – #407 Anything Goes
- Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge - #479 Anything Goes optional Vintage or shabby Chic
- Crazy4Challenges - C4C524 Card of Celebration
- Creatalicious Challenges - #182 Anything Goes
- Creative Fingers - #180 Anything Goes
- Creative Moments - #185 Anything Goes
- Dare 2B Artzy - Anything Goes
- Die Cut Divas - Anything Goes
- Krafty Chicks - KCC #496 All Occasions
- Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - #127 Anything Goes
- Love To Craft - #44 Anything Goes
- Love To Scrap - #131 Anything Goes
- Mix It Up Challenge - #35 Anything Goes
- Morgan’s Art World - #3 Anything Goes
- The Paper Funday Challenge - #15 Anything Goes
- Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
- Use Your Stuff - #393 Use Your Favourite Embellishment
- We Love 2 Create - #3 Anything Goes
- Winter Wonderland - Anything Goes