Over at The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up it is the Merry Maidens turn to showcase some fabulous Christmas cards.
The optional Twist for this challenge is "Ice Ice Baby" inspired by the prize paper pack on offer for the winner Winter Weather designed by Decosse's Dynamite Doodles.
This month we are sponsored by Bugaboo Stamps who have a fabulous range of images in their store including some lovely Christmas ones. It is no secret to regular visitors to my blog that I absolutely love Jodie's images and she is so generous with free images every week and also mothy subscriber and Facebook freebies.
I chose Little Penguin Decorate Tree to work with. I loves me a Christmas tree and as we needed to feature ice or snow I felt the image would lend itself to this very well.
I coloured the image using a combination of Promarkers, Spectrum Noir and gel pens. I followed a tutorial on Beccy's Place of how to colour the night sky to add stars and snowflakes to the background. Beccy's instructions were so easy to follow and I am so pleased with the finished result. The ground has loads of irridescent glitter and is textured with glue 'snowdrifts'
As I don't have access to a colour printer at the moment I have scanned in the image and used it to make a digital card.
I use a program called Affinity Photo on the Mac and created an A5 landscape card. The base layer is Abstract Frost, and I have created 3 panels using the Snow Swirls and Let it Snow papers all from the Winter Weather paper pack by Decosse's Dynamite Doodles.
I have added a snowflake from Decosse's Dynamite Doodles.
I then added some blue brads in different sizes to highlight the snowflakes. This is from a digital kit I have had on my computer for many years and I don't know who the designer is.
Finally I added the sentiment from Decosse's Dynamite Doodles. I think it may have been an old freebie Lisa had on her blog a long time ago.
I do hope you will take part in our challenge and look forward to seeing your creations.
Digital Supplies Used :
Coloured with Promarkers & Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle pen & White Gel Pen
Embellishment - Glitter Snowflake 1 from Snow Much Fun - Decosse's Dynamite Doodles
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges (in Alphabetical Order)
- 2 Crafty Critter Crazies - #36 Anything Goes with a Critter
- 613 Avenue Create – #231 Anything Goes
- A Bit More Time To Craft - #112 Anything Goes
- A Perfect Time To Craft - #3 Anything Goes
- Angie’s Digital Stamps - #40 Anything Goes
- Catch The Bug – Things With Wings
- CD Sunday Plus - # 31 Anything Goes
- Classic Design Challenge - #3 Anything Goes
- Corrosive Challenge - #3 Anything Goes
- Country View Crafts – The Eyes Have It
- Crafts Galore Encore – #73 Anything Goes
- Crafty Animals - #36 Anything Goes with an Animal
- Crafty Creations – #407 Anything Goes
- Crimbo Crackers - #206 Penguins
- Digi Choosday - #10 Anything Goes
- Gem of A Challenge - #6 Anything Goes
- Krafty Chicks - KCC #498 Christmas
- Pattie’s Creations – #168 Anything Goes
- Stella Says Sketch - #806 Sketch for Layout
- Through The Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
- Through The Purple Haze - #165 Anything Goes
- World Wide Open Design Team Challenge - #03 Anything Goes